You Made The Cut
Have you looked at your own email subscription list and thought I need to cut some of those they are just cluttering my email box. Maybe you received an email recently about your LinkedIn groups and they let you know they are scaling you down since you haven’t used them. Have you started un-friending friends on facebook or Business Pages you are not involved in to remove the clutter. Could be even networking events you are determining whether you want to continue attending or not…
Just as you are looking at your venues to see if they are worth your investment of time, so are those connected to you.
What sets your business apart and helps you make the cut you ask?
- Great content (not all fluff and funnies)
- Different types of information ( variety is the spice of life)
- Valuable information (educational)
- They know you
- They trust you
- They Like you personally
- You built a relationship with them
- Engagement with your connections
- Bringing something positive to their day
- NOT broadcasting sale after sale after sale
Questions to ask yourself when determining when to cut or keep
- Do I find value in the information
- Am I receiving the same information in more than one venue
- Could I invest my time more wisely
- Does it help me in my business in any way
- Is it something I am passionate about
Think it through clearly and you will probably be making some cuts just like I have.
Wishing you much success with your time management.
If this is an area you struggle with I highly suggest connecting with THE Productivity
Expert Cathy Sexton.
Karen Fox – better known as Karen THE Connector – is a social media coach, strategist and speaker. Karen works with companies and individuals to take the fear and frustration out of creating their online reputation with social media. She rescues those who are lost on LinkedIn, frustrated with Facebook or afraid of being Twit on Twitter. Karen THE Connector